You may be thinking, ‘what in the world is a dirt cake?’. I don’t blame you. All that came to my mind when I heard of a dirt cake was a cake made out of dirt. Kind of like a ‘mud pie’. Believe it or not, this dessert has no dirt or cake in it at all!
A dirt cake is named that, because the end goal is to make it look like dirt with worms in it. It is constructed out of layers of Oreo cookie crumbs and chocolate pudding. These are assembled in bowls or cups, that are preferably clear, so you can see all of the layers.
If you didn’t know, the 50 Sweets of America Challenge, is going to be us making the state dessert for all 50 states. We have to make all 50 before the start of 2019.
My opinions: I thought this recipe was very creative. I could see this being something that a little kid would want instead of cupcakes, for their birthday. It didn’t taste very homemade, which was not a surprise. But I thought the combinations of Oreos and chocolate pudding was very creative. Overall, I actually really liked it!
- 24 Oreos
- 1 package of instant chocolate pudding
- Gummy worms
- Follow directions on the box to make the pudding.
- In a food processor grin up the Oreos without the cream in them.
- Layer chocolate pudding, Oreo crumbs, chocolate pudding, Oreo crumbs.
- Put the gummy worms on top.
- Place in the fridge to cool.
Follow us on Instagram @the.kid.food.judges